For those who haven't heard (via my very annoying Facebook/Twitter postings), I'm growing a mustache. In light of this, I decided to make a top 10 list.
Top 10 reasons to grow a mustache:
10: You can paint with your whiskers like Salvador Dali: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3197802496/nm0198557
9. A man, or woman, learns a lot about himself/herself when he/she has hair on his/her upper lip. I mean, Chuck Norris grew one and look how it turned out for him.
8. "I'm Ron Burgundy?" (photo: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3874461952/tt0357413 )
7. To get the feeling that you're a part of some secret fraternity of men who have mustaches (i.e. Rollie Fingers, Dennis Eckersley, Jay Baller and many truck drivers).
6. Just to prove that you can do it. Take that puberty...
5. If you're married, it's the closest thing to a slumpbuster that you'll ever get.
4. Getting food stuck in it is always attractive to the ladies, and you get to savor your dinner more than once.
3. Brad Pitt (via "Inglorious Basterds), Clark Gable, Daniel Day-Lewis (via "There will be blood"), Burt Reynolds, Tom Selleck...need I say more?
2. It increases your chances of driving an ice cream truck, being hired as a cop/fireman, becoming a dictator, or selling Harleys for a living. In this economy, you need every edge that you can get.
1. Peer pressure.